Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

TimeWasters

I called this blog entry "TimeWasters" because that's what I'm been doing the past few days.
Just sort of surfing the 'net, finding ways to waste time. I probably should be doing more important things--like curing cancer, solving the problem of world hunger, or bringing world peace.
But I decided to let someone else work on those problems this week.

At least I did do my laundry yesterday--that's something, right?

Anyway, since I haven't been able to drag myself away from my computer, here's a couple of "Time Wasting" little games I came across in my travels through cyberspace.


This first one is a little strategy game called "Dice Wars" the object of which is to take over more territory than your computer opponent(s). It's not as simple or easy as it may look at first. OK--it's not as graphically advanced as today's best computer games, but I liked it because it is simpler and you can play an entire game fairly quickly. You don't have to devote hours or days to it like you night with more complicated strategy games.

Now this next little game is a little bit on the "sick" or "gory" side. But it's only stick figure men so it's not that realistic. But I have to admit I spent hours playing it. It took a few games to get the hang of it, but then I becaqme addicted to it.
It's called "Bowman" and involves shooting arrows at your opponent in an attempt to kill him. You have to set the strength and angle of your shot to hit your opponent. There are also options to add wind or a wall between the two bowmen to make it more difficult.

UPDATE: Wow--that was a surprise to me when I posted this. I had tried to copy & paste a picture of the stickmen in this game but it turned out the entire game came along with it! I didn't even know I could do that....so you can try it out here if you want. If you would like to have a larger version, click on the "Bowman" link above to go to the site.

So now you see what an exciting life I have....please don't be too jealous of me! Spending hours "wasting time" when I could be solving all of the world's problems.

Actually I have gotten out of the house a few times this past week. I saw a musical performance in the park--"Beauty And The Beast", and spent time outdoors enjoying the warm weather, which won't last long, at least not long enough for me. Although I did take my laptop along a couple times and watched some episodes of "DiggNation" I had downloaded. And I listened to several podcasts of Feasts Of Fools I'd loaded onto my MP3 player (a 1 gigabyte Creative Zen Nano).

Well , maybe next week I'll get off up my butt and do something worthwhile....or then again, maybe not. After all there are still millions of web sites I haven't seen yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment