Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm In Love ! ! !

Maybe I'm rushing things a bit seeing as he only came into my life earlier this afternoon, about 1 PM, but I think it was love at first sight. We spent all afternoon and most of the evening together. In fact, he's right here in front of me as I type this, and I can't keep my hands off of him!

Oh, and did I mention he's got a 15.4 inch....





Widescreen display !

Yes....my new Gateway laptop computer arrived today....and I couldn't be more satisfied ! It's so great to finally have a computer that doesn't constantly pop up error messages, slow down to a crawl or lock up completely, and make me so frustrated I want to throw it out the window !
After using it for just a brief time I realized how bad my old computer actually operated. Windows and webpages pop right up, programs load quickly, and the screen is so crisp & clear and much easier on my eyes than that old monitor I'd been using. The text on the old monitor actually looked blurry to me after I'd used the laptop for only a few minutes and glanced back to check the old system.
I've installed some of my favorite programs, such as Firefox, AVG antivirus, ZoneAlarm firewall, etc. and removed a few pre-installed items that I didn't want--like AOL's free trial. Still got some more things to configure to get it as I want, but I guess that will have to wait for tomorrow. Getting kinda late, so I should get some sleep if I can tear myself away from my new "friend".

Yes, I know--I am such a geek ! And if you think that's bad, wait until tomorrow when I'll post pics of both my old & new computers and compare their specs!

Bet you all just can't wait for that, can you ?

No comments:

Post a Comment