Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

After


Here it Is ! My new Gateway laptop....which is the first brand new computer I've had since I bought a Commodore Amiga 500 back in 1990 ! That little silver thing in front of it is a trackball I bought at Wal-Mart's last year. It's perfect for a laptop 'cause you don't need any desk space-it fits comfortably in your hand and the left mouse button is a trigger button inside.
(works well for either right-or-left-handed people as well).
And believe it or not, this great new machine actually cost less than that Amiga 500 did back then. Not that the Amiga 500 wasn't a great computer also--it was better than most of the computers on the market then--especially in terms of graphics ! As I mentioned earlier, a friend gave me an old computer back in November of 2005 so I could get on the internet, then I found the one in the 'before' pics above. This now makes the seventh computer I've owned. Here's the list of the ones I had:
Nov. 1982....Commodore VIC-20
Dec. 1985....Commodore 128 (upgraded version of the Commodore 64)
Jan. 1990....Commodore Amiga 500
Nov. 2004....An old IBM my friend gave me.
Jan. 2005....Another older Dell model my friend gave me (they were throwing it out where he worked).
Apr. 2006....Found the computer on the curb...don't know who manufactured it, there's no name on the case (that I can find).
July 2006....Gateway laptop

Now for the geeks out there, here are the specs for both computers:

Before (Desktop)....................................After (Laptop)

Processor....AMD Duron...................... AMD Athlon64 mobile
Proc. speed..900MegaHertz.................2.2 Gigahertz
Screen..........14" CRT............................15.4" Widescreen LCD
Memory.......256MB DDR.....................512MB DDR
HardDrive....40 GB, 5400RPM...........100GB, 4200RPM
OpticalDrive..DVDRom,CD-RW (combo)..DVD RW+-Double layer
Video Card.....G-ForceMX4000............ ATI Radeon Xpress200M

And the laptop has a 6-in-1 media card reader and 802.11g wireless network card.

Hope I didn't bore everyone with my computer geekiness, but you know how it is when you're in love....you just gotta talk about your new "love".

No comments:

Post a Comment