Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Before

Okay, as I promised, here are my "Before & After" photos of my computers. To the left is my old system. The computer itself I found sitting on the curb waiting to be picked up by the trash collectors. I "rescued" it and have been using it for about a year. The monitor is one a friend gave me, the keyboard and optical mouse I bought at a computer show before I had even found the computer. I was using them on an even older computer my friend had given me with the monitor. I needed a new mouse and liked the black & grey colors. When I found the computer tower, I thought it was pretty cool, 'cause it was black like my new keyboard/mouse and the blue lights on the tower front matched the blue light on the mouse! It seemed like fate had brought them together! Actually the computer in the pic was faster and had a larger hard drive than the one my friend had given me....so it was a step up for me. I plan on keeping it even though it has been acting weird lately. I think all it needs is to have the operating system re-installed and all the crap on the hard drive erased. I held off doing that because I was afraid if I screwed it up I wouldn't be able to get online at all!
Those items on top of the monitor are my wireless router, and 2 little plastic 'robots'--a cat & a dog that meow or bark if you press the buttons on their backs. To the left of the keyboard is a wireless Playstation controller (yes, I still have the original Playstation, but may buy the Playstation3 when it comes out and if I can afford it). If you look close, towards the left side of the keyboard, under the monitor, you'll see the other little 'robot' man I have. He also makes a weird sound when you press his button.

No comments:

Post a Comment