Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Videos Of The Week

My videos this week are more serious and political than the ones I usually select. But after seeing this news clip from CNN (I came across it on Crooks And Liars) I knew it had to go up here. The girl being interviewed here, Ava Lowrey, a 15-year-old from Alabama, has created a website called Peace Takes Courage, with animations she's made, critical of the war in Iraq and the Bush administration. And she is truly a very courageous and talented girl. If you want to see the complete animation talked about in the news clip, go here.

There are graphic and disturbing images in the video but it is an accurate portrayal of the situation in Iraq.

Ava Lowrey has made over 70 animations, which you can find here. I watched many of them and they're all extremely well done and carry powerful messages! I tried to put the animation from the CNN clip up here, but was unable to get it to run. I guess Ava is smarter than me!

I encourage you to check out her site and spread the word about it....I've put a link in my left sidebar to Peace Takes Courage.

The other two videos here are on the same theme and also contain some graphic images as well.







Sorry if my videos this week are a bit disturbing, but there's a message in them that cannot be ignored !

No comments:

Post a Comment