Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Hot & Bored !

I need to get a more interesting life so I have something to write about here. For the past three days, I've just pretty much sat around, watching TV or surfing the 'net. In fact I've given myself a slight case of eyestrain from reading this screen for hours on end.

I did get out long enough this past Friday to see Al Gore's movie, "An Inconvenient Truth" . If you have any doubts about global warming or it's effects, you should see this film. I'll admit I wasn't sure if all the talk about global warming was accurate, or just a bunch of hype, but I was convinced by the evidence presented in the movie. And I did some more research on the internet after seeing the film. We may be in for some scary times ahead if the earth continues to heat up at the rate it's going. Here's a link to a list of the dates "An Inconvenient Truth" opens in various cities around the country. Check it out--at least you'll be able to get out of the scorching summer heat and into a cool air-conditioned theater for awhile!

And speaking of heat, summer has blasted it's way here into NY after some cooler & wet weather the past couple of weeks. The temperature has been in the 90's, along with high humidity (of course) yesterday and today. Lucky for me, I'm much better at tolerating the heat than the cold, windy weather we have much of the year. Now I've just have to tear myself away from this silly machine and get outside to enjoy it!

And I think I'll start by turning it off now and going to bed.

Oh almost forgot to mention....I made $ 30 million recently! Actually it was on Blogshares, the fantasy blog stock market site. Someone made a gift to me of a stock and it turned out that the stock was sold in a hostile takeover! All without me even knowing about it until I recieved an email from the site. Now if I could only make money that easily in real life!


No comments:

Post a Comment