Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Bad Computer...Bad !

I had a fairly long item I was about to post a few minutes ago, but sat back to think of the last couple of sentences when this silly computer decided to restart itself. I looked up just in time to see the screen saying "windows shutting down", even though I had not done anything to cause it to reboot. Lately this machine has been acting even more weird than usual anyway. I keep getting error messages ("delayed write errors"), many programs have quit working, and can't download anything without the browser (any browser) shutting down. It may be the harddrive failing or a software conflict of some sort. I'll probably have to do a complete re-install of the operating system (Windows XP) but have been putting it off because it involves so much work. I'd have to save what I can to another drive and re-install a lot of programs. The biggest worry I have is that it might not work at all afterwards. Which means I would be offline until I could buy a new harddrive or new computer--and I have become addicted to the internet and hate to be off for even a day.

Also I just cleaned up this blog a little after having added a few items to the template last week. Unfortunately some of them (like a message board) must have come with pop-up ads, so I removed them so visitors don't have to be annoyed by those stupid ads. THANKS to Ryan for pointing that out in a comment to the previous post. I'm using Firefox and it's pop-up blocker does a good job blocking ads so I hadn't really noticed them.

The post I lost when the computer restarted also had a brief review of 2005 (as it pertained to me) but I'm going to do that in a separate item 'cause I want to make sure this gets on in case this crazy machine acts up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment