Wow ! Here it is, already 3 days into the new year and I'm STILL not rich, famous, or handsome...and I really thought this was gonna be MY year ! Oh, well, there's always next year, I guess.
So here's a brief review of my 2005:
1) Finally got online last Jan. thanks to a friend who gave me an old computer he had. This one I'm using now is one I rescued from the curb before a trash pickup. So I guess I can't complain too much about it not always working right (tho' complaining is SO much fun!).
2) Began this blog (March 31st) and I love doing it even if sometimes I can't think of much to write about and other times I can go on and on...
3) In June I went to New York City for a day for the annual Gay Pride Parade (the first time I've been out of Albany in over 20 years-believe it or not !) Also went to a couple of local Pride events.
4) Moved in August to a new apartment after 10 years at my old place--OK, it was only around the corner from where I'd been living, but it was still a big move for me. I had lived at
a previous apt. for 15 years, so I don't move all too often.
5) Between June and the end of the year, saw a total of 16 different movies after a 3-year period of not having gone to a theater AT ALL.
6) And MOST IMPORTANT of all--met (online) some fellow bloggers who I read regularly and who (whether they know it or not) have made me feel a little less alone. I find myself thinking of them often, happy when they are doing well, worried if they are having problems, and thankful they are willing to share their lives so openly, something I have never been very good at.
Now to most people this may not seem like a very exciting year, but for me it was more eventful than most years in my life have been. What 2006 will bring I can't say, but I hope it will be a good one for myself and all my blogger friends.
And I am going to find a way to get a new wireless notebook computer, 'cause I need to feed my web addiction...maybe I could sell my soul on EBay.