Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2005 Review

Wow ! Here it is, already 3 days into the new year and I'm STILL not rich, famous, or handsome...and I really thought this was gonna be MY year ! Oh, well, there's always next year, I guess.

So here's a brief review of my 2005:

1) Finally got online last Jan. thanks to a friend who gave me an old computer he had. This one I'm using now is one I rescued from the curb before a trash pickup. So I guess I can't complain too much about it not always working right (tho' complaining is SO much fun!).
2) Began this blog (March 31st) and I love doing it even if sometimes I can't think of much to write about and other times I can go on and on...
3) In June I went to New York City for a day for the annual Gay Pride Parade (the first time I've been out of Albany in over 20 years-believe it or not !) Also went to a couple of local Pride events.
4) Moved in August to a new apartment after 10 years at my old place--OK, it was only around the corner from where I'd been living, but it was still a big move for me. I had lived at
a previous apt. for 15 years, so I don't move all too often.
5) Between June and the end of the year, saw a total of 16 different movies after a 3-year period of not having gone to a theater AT ALL.
6) And MOST IMPORTANT of all--met (online) some fellow bloggers who I read regularly and who (whether they know it or not) have made me feel a little less alone. I find myself thinking of them often, happy when they are doing well, worried if they are having problems, and thankful they are willing to share their lives so openly, something I have never been very good at.

Now to most people this may not seem like a very exciting year, but for me it was more eventful than most years in my life have been. What 2006 will bring I can't say, but I hope it will be a good one for myself and all my blogger friends.

And I am going to find a way to get a new wireless notebook computer, 'cause I need to feed my web addiction...maybe I could sell my soul on EBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment