Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Unexpected Visitor !


Yesterday a car crashed into my house!

Well, not quite, but it did crash into the house I USED to live in until August of this year. I was at work and two University Police officers, who know me from there & knew I lived in this house,(because it's right across the street from the downtown campus of the college-I work at the uptown campus) stopped by and asked if I knew a car had run into my house. They didn't know I had moved recently.

When I got home I saw the damage the car had done to my former residence, which is right around the corner from where I live now. I moved because the owners wanted to redo that place inside & out. In fact, they had just put an entirely new front on the building, which is the one in the photo. Course, it's not too new-looking now after having a car plunge into it.

The driver of the car was a 20-year old woman who had no driver's license, had a 12-month old baby in the car, and she ALSO hit two people before crashing into the house. Apparently she was an inexperienced driver who stepped on the gas pedal
instead of the brake and lost control of the car. Fortunately, the two people she hit were not seriously hurt, and neither was she nor the baby.

Stange how things sometimes happen like that--if I hadn't moved when I did, I would have ended up with a car in my living room!
By the way, that window on the right is the bedroom window of my current apartment. So if the car had crashed a few feet further to the right, it would have ended up in my bedroom...not the kind of visitor I want there!

No comments:

Post a Comment