Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Videos Of The Week

I'm going a little weird with my videos this week (OK, so I'm a little weird all the time).
For the past couple months, I've been reading the "Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice.
Book I: Interview With The Vampire
Book II: The Vampire Lestat
Book III: The Queen Of The Damned
I'm now near the end of the last book and in recognition of that decided to post videos about vampires. So first up I have the movie trailer for "Interview With The Vampire"(1994):


Next I have my favorite vampire--Barnabas Collins from the TV show "Dark Shadows".
For more information on the series, check out the Dark Shadows Journal. They have lots of info. about it, much more than even I knew. It turns out 2006 is the 40th anniversary of the show !


And last I have what I believe is the first vampire ever portrayed on film: Nosferatu !
Based on the original novel "Dracula" by Bram Stoker, it is a silent b/w film made in 1922.
This is just a brief clip from the movie, but if you would like to see the entire movie, you can go to Veoh and download it, for free ! Since the film is no longer under copyright, it is available on their site. You will have to set up an account (if you don't already have one) and install Veoh's download program, but it doesn't take too long to do that.

Also, if you check my right sidebar in my Veoh video player, the second to last video is the start of "Nosferatu". (Start the videos, then use the scroll bar at the bottom to select)

I have just one last thing to say:
If there are any real vampires out there reading this -- and I don't mean those people who run around claiming they're vampires -- but the authentic, red-blooded, honest-to-badness, true vampires who are looking for a new disciple to introduce into the blood-sucking fraternity, please feel free to stop by and pay me a visit. If "working" nights and drinking a little blood is all I have to do to become immortal and have supernatural powers, that's a small price to pay. I can assure you I have no crosses, wooden stakes or garlic here to bother you, and with your psychic powers, you should have no trouble finding me. Please hurry as I would like to become a vampire before I get much older--I don't want to become some feeble old vampire hobbling around with a cane. That would just be embarrassing !

No comments:

Post a Comment