Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Strange Day

As the title says, this seemed to be somewhat of a strange day to me. But first the good news....
My blog was selected as one "more likely to be contacted by offworld entities" ! That's not too much of a surprise to me since I generally feel I really don't belong on this planet and that I may actually come from somewhere "Out There".
2006.09.18
Quantum Entanglements Most Likely To Be Contacted Badge.

Here at BLOGinSPACE we wanted to showcase some of the blogs that stand out. We felt some of them were more likely to be contacted by offworld entities than others. These are the ones with that certain something that showcase our human culture. Below you will find the list of those we deemed "Most Likely to Be Contacted" for one reason or another.

So if any alien entities out there wish to contact me, please feel free to do so as I am anxious to explore the galaxy with you. All I ask is that you keep the 'anal probing' to a minimum, at least until we get to know each other better.

As to the rest of my day, first I woke up feeling more tired than when I went to bed and had a headache (something I rarely get). So after a bit of debate with myself I decided to take the day off work--even though I've only been back to work for two weeks after a long 3-month layoff. The fact that I am really sick of my job may have had just a slight effect on my decision to stay home. Rather than go into all the boring details, let's just say that after over 13 years at the same job, I have lost any enthusiasm for it.

So as usual, I spent a few hours on the computer before I decided to go lie down for awhile. Fell asleep for a couple of hours, but felt better when I awoke. By this time the weather had cleared up from the gloom we've had the past few days, and I was feeling restless. So I headed out to enjoy the sunshine (since I doubt we'll got a lot more sunny days as winter approaches). I stopped at Subway, got a 6" italian sub, picked up a Coke and a copy of "Popular Science" magazine at another store and spent the afternoon sitting by the river. Watched some boats going up & down and listened to some podcasts om my mp3 player. One boat slowed down and the man piloting it waved but I'm not sure he was waving at me, but I waved back anyway. There weren't many other people around so I'm not sure who he may have been actually waving at.

As 6 PM approached, I headed back up towards a park nearby my apartment building. I stopped there for a bit to rest and read some of the magazine I'd bought. Now on Monday evenings during the summer, there's a group of gay men (and I think at least one woman) who play volleyball in the park until it gets too dark. The rainbow flags hanging on the ends of their volleyball net is a pretty good clue that they're gay....if you're wondering how I know. Being unathletic as well as too shy and socially inept, I've never apprached them although I admit I tend to sit at a nearby bench if I happen to be in the park when they're playing.

Anyway as I'm sitting there a man walks past and casually says "hi" and I sort of nod to him and go back to reading. He then walks past in the opposite direction and stops a few feet away and mentions how nice the weather is. I agree but don't say anything else (that shyness thing again). He continues on, and I don't really see where he's gone as it's getting darker out and I was still reading. Then I get up to leave to go home and pass this same guy sitting talking to someone else and again we sort of acknowledge one another as I pass by. Stopping at a red light, waiting to cross a road, the guy comes up next to me and again says hello and introduces himself and we briefly shake hands. We chat for just a minute and he heads towards his car and he says he's going to get a cup of coffee. He even asks if I'd like a cup too. I politely decline but he mentions he'll probably be in the park Wednesday evening as it is supposed to rain Tuesday.

Now I'm pretty much a dummy when it comes to stuff like this (having never had a relationship and never going out to bars & such), but it certainly seems like he was trying to pick me up. Even I could figure that out. The reason I mention all this is because I was sort of looking for advice and thought maybe some of my 'blogger friends' (that's you guys reading this) would help out. What would you have done in this situation? Would you have gone for coffee with this 'stranger in the park' (he did seem like a nice guy and wasn't bad looking) ? And should I try to 'meet' him again in the park and see what happens? Keep in mind the fact, as I have said, that I have absolutely no experience in such matters, and generally wouldn't even talk to someone I met like that. But for some strange reason I felt less nervous /apprehensive than I normally would be in such a situation, but still I'm unsure what to do (if anything) next or if I should 'meet' him again. I really would appreciate any advice you might offer. I feel a little silly asking for advice as I know most of my readers are much younger than me, but in terms of life experience, I'm still just a kid.

So that was my "strange day" or at least it seemed strange to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment