Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday Thoughts

Spring appears to be slowly arriving here, but it's still a bit cool outside. Took a walk earlier, sat for a bit in a nearby park, enroute to the grocery store. While sitting there glancing through a magazine I happened to look up as two young men were walking past. I noticed them because one of them was carrying a Didgeridoo, an Australian Aborigine musical instrument. I love the sounds of the didgeridoo and have even considered buying one.

Australian Aboriginal burned carved and stained Didgeridoos from Wandoo Didgeridoo Australia
But that was not the only thing that caught my attention. As the guys passed by, I noticed they were holding hands....and I thought to myself....awww....Spring is in the air and Love is blooming. Now this may not seem like a big deal, but I don't think I've ever seen two guys walking here in Albany, holding hands. Except maybe at a Gay Pride event or function. 'Course, I admit I don't get around much, but it just pleased me to see this display of affection.

Now, if the trees, which still look like this:

http://www.shapelessmass.com/visuals/trees/tree08.jpg

would sprout some beautiful green leaves, it would definitely look and feel more like Spring had arrived!

On a related note--it's Spring Break week at the college I work at so I've got this whole week off--Yaaay! I can stay home and play ALL day if I want! Or go out and enjoy some of the nice weather we're supposed to have this week.


Moses Fountain in Wahington Park, Albany, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment