Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

F-F-F-Frustration

I wanted to explain my rather strange post from this past Friday. It was made due mainly to stress and frustration, stemming from the feelings that I:
*** Hate my job ***
*** Hate my life ***
*** Hate the fact that I can't seem to figure out exactly what to do to change any of this ***

Other than that, I'm doing fine....

I feel that I need a drastic change in my life, but working out the details and method to achieve that change alludes me. Been living in the same city my entire life and doing the same type of work for 30 years. I feel like I'd like to just take off somwhere and keep going until I find someplace I like (somewhere warmer as well) and start my life over. But financially that's not possible. And I don't own a car so I can't just hop in it and take off (which I might do if I had one).
Last Thursday was a particularly stressful day at work and I didn't sleep well that night so by Friday morning I felt like a man "who must scream but has no mouth". (That's the reason for this picture which is from a story by Harlan Ellison)


It seemed like a perfect expression of the frustration I was feeling. Because what could be more frustrating than needing to scream, but being unable to?

I want to thank you, Larry & Elmo for commenting and for expressing concern and yes, Elmo, I did google both the pics I had up.

Anyway that's the explanation for my odd behavior....I'll eventually figure it all out, either that or just hop on a bus leaving town one day and leave everything behind.

Just a little side note: About Harlan Ellison--he's a fantastic writer--if you haven't ever read any of his stories, you should check out some of his work. I've read most of his stuff and have many books he's written. He writes what he prefers to call "speculative fiction" although sometimes you'll find his books in the science-fiction section of a bookstore or library. He wrote some stories that were on the original "Twilight Zone" & "Outer Limits" (as well as many others) series to give you an idea of the style of his writing. Here are some links to websites:
Ellison Webderland
Filmography
Wikipedia entry
Quotations
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream (story)









No comments:

Post a Comment