Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Movie Review

Despite the cold temperature and rather strong winds blowing, I ventured out to the movie theater this afternoon to see the film I'd planned on going to yesterday (but didn't because of a brief but furious snowstorm). As you can tell from the picture below, I saw "Transamerica" and I'm glad I went to see it before it left the local theaters. After reading some reviews, I thought it sounded interesting.
Transamerica
Plot Outline: A pre-operative male-to-female transsexual takes an unexpected journey when she learns that she fathered a son, now a teenage runaway hustling on the streets of New York.

So to sum up this brief review, I found the film both very touching as well as having several funny scenes. The acting by Felicity Huffman is excellent and the actor playing her son, Kevin Zegers, does a decent acting job and is very hot (so I can overlook any acting flaws, and he has a couple of nude scenes).

My rating for this movie is **** (4 stars)






No comments:

Post a Comment