Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Cool, Man!

That's right, my computer is cool again since I just put in a CPU fan to replace the one that quit working yesterday.
Tried to boot up Wednesday morning but the computer just refused to start! Than I noticed on the "Hardware Monitor" screen (which pops up as soon as I turn on the computer) that the CPU temperature was up to 57 degrees Celsius(that's 134 F), usually it reads about 30-34 degrees, so I knew something was wrong.
Found one at a small store that repairs computers and sells parts. It's actually not a brand new one (but a part from an another computer) and it cost $15.00 which is kind of high for a fan, but at least I'm back up & running! A friend of mine has gotten stuff there before and drove me there after work. My friend said you can buy fans at computer shows for around only $3, but the next show here in Albany isn't until November 27, and I certainly didn't want to wait that long.
I may try to pick up some more memory at that computer show since I only have 256MB and would like to double that to 512MB.
Now if I could only pick up a cute computer geek at the show as well, I'd be all set! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment