Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I'm Still Alive! Well, Sort Of...

It's been a while since I posted anything...well a week anyway...usually I try to do more than that. But as the title says, I am still alive. Or at least breathing & walking around, which is about as lively as my life gets. :)

I've just been kind of tired and OK maybe a bit lazy and haven't got around to blogging this past week. The first week or two back at work after a long time off tends to screw up my normal routine...I stay up way too late and have to get up early, so after a few days, I become somewhat of a zombie.

In my sidebar I have added the top 10 items from Digg.com, which is a relatively new site (about 6 months old) that has stories/links covering many topics, such as technology, science, hardware/software, gaming, music, movies, etc. Its run by some of the tech geeks who used to be on TechTV before it became G4. The stories are user-submitted, meaning anyone can post an item they find interesting. You can set up an account (its free) and submit stories or just "Digg" the items others put up. Stories that receive enough "diggs" get promoted to the home page. It's a cool site, especially if you're into science/technology. Check it out.

Another related site, also run by the same group of people, is Revision3 which has links to their various sites. "DiggNation", one of my favorites, is a weekly podcast/vidcast with Kevin Rose & Alex Albrecht, two of the guys behind Digg.com and other tech-related sites. You can stream or download the podcast or video version of "Diggnation" which is a show they do in which they discuss some of the stories on Digg.com. The video version usually comes out a few days after the podcast but its worth waiting for 'cause you get to see them as they discuss the stories as they drink a new beer each week. And they tend to go off-topic on occassion.

Anyway that's just a couple sites I like & thought I'd mention. And once again, I've stayed up later than I should have so I'll have to go now. Not that it really matters, I could do my job in my sleep anyway since it requires no higher brain functions to perform. I'm going to train a monkey to do it for me soon and just sit back and collect the paychecks.

After reading this I know you're thinking "this is the best he came up with after a week to think of something"...but hey...my blog, my rules :)

Thanks for dropping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment