Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A Word Of Thanks

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who commented on my previous post about my music choices. I don't think I've had that many comments on one any item since I started this silly blog. Thanks, guys!

Also, in regard to Adam's comment re: my hatred of opera...I have to admit I've never really listened to much opera so I'm certainly no expert on it. I was thinking about it and I remembered a time when I was in the 9th grade and some opera singers came to my school and gave a talk in class. They also sang a little, and I mainly recall it being VERY VERY loud, which hurt my ears. They sang in a normal-sized classroom, not the school auditorium, which is probably why it sounded so loud, as they were used to projecting their voices in a larger setting. Maybe this is why I took a distaste for opera. Who knows?

I do have a pretty sensitive sense of hearing, and loud sounds tend to annoy me. I also recall as a kid, going into a bank with my mother, and hearing this annoying buzzing hum that she wasn't able to even hear. I actually went outside and stood in the cold (it was winter) to avoid the sound. I don't know if the bank's security system was making the noise or what it was, but it sure was irritating to me.

Adam, as for as me liking musicals, if you had asked that question a few months ago, I would have said I didn't like them. But now I'm not so certain. This summer in a nearby park, a local theater group put on a production of South Pacific. They've been doing free musicals in the park for the last 17 years, but I never really attended them, though I saw a couple in previous years. Anyway, this year I actually saw the South Pacific production several times over the course of the summer, and have to admit I did enjoy it. Maybe it was just the cute gay cast members(gay men in a musical-who would have thought it?) that attracted me or maybe my musical tastes have broadened, but I liked it. Even bought a "South Pacific" T-shirt and had it signed by a few of the cast members (guess which ones),which they sell to help cover the cost of the production.

The moral of this story is: if you have any secrets to tell, don't speak too loudly near me, 'cause I'll hear them with my super bat-like ears.


HEY!! I heard that--who said that? My ears are NOT pointy like a bat's!

No comments:

Post a Comment