Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Helpful Blogging Tips & Misc. Thoughts

Came across this useful information on blogging while web surfing and thought it might be of interest to other bloggers.

Been wasting time here all day on the computer because its been raining on and off and I couldn't think of anywhere to go anyway.

Saw "Batman Begins" last night--it's a great film, better than the other Batman pictures, at least in my opinion. I was never a huge Batman fan but the movie captures the dark nature of the original Batman as portrayed in the early comic book version of the "Dark Knight". I always preferred Superman or Superboy comics as a kid...guess I was hoping he would swoop down from the sky, pick me up and carry me away to his "Fortress of Solitude". Or in the case of Superboy, we could have gone to the barn on Ma & Pa Kent's Kansas farm where Superboy/Clark Kent was raised. Being a sexually naive boy, ( hey-we didn't have cable TV or the internet waaay back then) I wasn't sure what would happen after we got there, but I'm certain I would have gone willingly.

Writing that reminded me of this other item from the past. My oldest brother was a fan of Western or "Cowboy and Indian" movies (as we called them) and since we had just the one old B/W TV set I saw a lot of them too. In this one movie (don't recall the name) some Indians raided a town or wagon train and captured some of the white women. I remember the one scene in which this muscular Indian brave wearing nothing but a loincloth came charging up on his horse, reached down and grabbed this woman, then rode off to his village. Of course, the woman was kicking and screaming to be let go, but I remember thinking at the time "why is she making such a fuss?" I wouldn't have put up such a fight...I think I was about 11 or 12 at the time and really didn't know why but I knew I would have gladly gone with this good-looking Brave back to his village. Again I wasn't sure what would have happened after we got there, but I just knew there was something about him that I liked.
Of course I never told anyone that then or for that matter, until just now, but I can still see that image in my head.

So, Superman if you read this, I'm still available if you're interested...dump that bitch Lois Lane...she was always mean to Clark Kent anyway!

Stay tuned...next time maybe I'll tell about my G.I. Joe doll I had.
He was 11 inches.......



in height...what did you think I meant?

1 comment: