Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Up For Parole

Yes, soon, in just 2 more weeks, I will be "paroled" from my job, at least until September. I work in food service at a college campus and we close down for the summer so --YAY!-- a nice long vacation is coming!
Now while most people wouldn't be so happy to lose their jobs, I have to admit that's one of the main reasons I stay at mine. It doesn't pay much, its boring, and can be very frustrating at times, but at least I get a lot of time off.
OK, so there are a lot of cute boys to look at while I'm there, but most times I'm too busy to really appreciate the view. I've been there over 12 years now but I tend to stay put somewhere once I get there--I worked at a previous job for 15 years! Just not the adventurous type I guess or maybe I'm just not that ambitious--I'm not sure. Although I am not lazy, that's for sure, I don't even take lunch/coffee breaks that I'm entitled to at my job...I like to make certain that everything is done right and I guess I don't trust others to do do the same.

Well enough about my boring job...as to this summer, I have no real plans. I can't afford to travel anywhere so I'll be staying close to home, as is usual for me. I probably will be posting here quite a bit--I've become a tad addicted to my little blog--and I enjoy reading others' blogs as well. I feel I have opened myself up a little more than any other time in my life just by writing about some things here that I never would have had the guts to say out loud.

As I told about in a previous post, I was very lucky to have found a nice computer someone decided to throw away. I still can't believe anyone would just toss it out to be collected as trash! I guess they must not have known a lot about computers or maybe it just didn't run right for them or something. I will give the poor little orphaned computer a good home, though He seems quite happy here so far :) Later I plan to network my old computer up to him so he'll have a friend to play with. I also recently got a copy of Windows XP to install so he'll have a nice new operating system to replace his old Windows98.

Boy, guess I really need to get out more often--I'm starting to develop a crush on my computer! ;)
(Well, he is kinda cute...)

Perhaps this summer maybe I'll finally get up the courage to go somewhere to meet some actual people, who knows?

To my fellow bloggers: Thanks for sharing your lives (both the good and bad parts)--you've inspired me and given me hope that we ALL can improve our lives and take on new challenges in the future. I feel a connection to many of you...must be those Quantum Entanglements that link us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment