Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Three Hour Tour

What a day it's been! I went down to sit near the river early this morning and took my laptop with me to watch some webcasts I'd downloaded. While there I noticed a rowboat sitting near the shore with just a couple of oars in it. Now normally I would never think of doing anything like this, but for some reason I was feeling adventurous. I sat down in the rowboat just to see how it felt. I noticed a snorkel and set of flippers in the bottom of the boat. It was very warm out and I hadn't slept much last night so I became kind of drowsy.

Well, I ended up falling asleep and when I awoke a few hours later, I was adrift at sea !! Looking around, I saw nothing but water in all directions....not a sight of land, or other boats, or anything. Not knowing which way shore was, I grabbed the oars and started to row in a direction I hoped was landward. After a couple of hours, I gave up from exhaustion and just drifted with the current.

At some point, I must have fallen asleep again, until I felt a bump which woke me up. I had washed up on the shore of this small island. Below is a picture of me on the island, along with a friendly dog who came sniffing up to me about an hour after I had landed there.

Still don't know where I am, or how far from civilization this island is located. But from a little exploration, I discovered the island does have plenty of fruit growing here so I won't go hungry, at least. It's also quite warm, sort of tropical I guess you'd call it. I'm going to go off to do a bit more exploration of this place, so I'll place this post in a bottle I found and throw it into the ocean, where hopefully someone will find it and send help.

No comments:

Post a Comment