Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Videos Of the Week

My videos this week are of songs that were "One-Hit Wonders" for the artists that did them. I selected one from each of 3 decades.
Funny thing is, for some reason, in recent weeks I've thought of each of these songs at different times. Maybe that's just because I'm a bit strange...and stranger still...I'll admit I actually like all these songs!
The titles link to Wikipedia entries on the artists.
1983
Pass The Dutchie....Musical Youth

Related Link:
Musical Youth

1974
KungFu Fighting....Carl Douglas


1966
They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Haaa!....Napolean XIV

There weren't any music videos back in the 60's, but I found this one that someone created using scenes from an anime, matched with the song. This link goes to a site that has other versions of the song, and related songs.
I first heard this one when I was about 11 years old. A cousin had it on a 45RPM record (that's one of those round vinyl things with a big hole in the center--for you kids out there who only know about CD's & MP3's). On the flip side of the record the song was recorded backwards. My cousin liked to play it over & over....I think he was trying to drive his mother crazy. If you want to hear the original and the backwards version, click on the links below:

Related Links:

They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-haaa!
!Aaah Ah Yawa Em Ekat Ot Gnimoc Eryeht

Bonus Video !!
While searching I found this other "one-hit wonder" from the 60's that I also liked so here it is!
1969
In The Year 2525...Zager & Evans

The big question is--will the human race make it to the year 2525?

No comments:

Post a Comment