Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Videos Of The Week

My mind (yes, surprisingly, I do have one) has kind of been all over the place this week, so my video selections reflect that.

The first is an old Elton John song "Sad Songs (Say A Lot)" which is true, I believe, which may be why I tend to avoid listening to 'sad songs'. In fact I generally don't listen to much music that contains lyrics at all, instead listening to classical or techno/electronic music. Could be it's just one of the ways I use to avoid too much "reality", since I'm generally more comfortable in my own little worlds.



This next video (actually there's really no video at all) is an even older song by Otis Redding.
If you listen carefully to the words, they reflect how I often feel about my life thus far. Just "sitting on the dock of the bay", watching 'my life' roll away.



This last video probably won't interest many people, but I thought it was a good explanation of an area of quantum physics (I've mentioned here before I'm a science geek--so whatta expect?) that is hard to explain. It's about 5 minutes long, but if you've got time to kill, give it a view.
Current theories in quantum physics imply that "reality" may not be what we've always thought. Or there might be more than one "reality". Maybe that's why this particular area of science fascinates me so much--'cause I'm not all that satisfied with my current "reality".



Hmmm...I guess there is a theme here after all--reality--whatever that is !

No comments:

Post a Comment