Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Free Comic Book Day



Yesterday was Free Comic Book Day, an annual event held by comic shops and comicbook publishers to promote their lines and encourage new readers. Of course I went to the local comic shop, EarthWorld Comics to get my free books and pick up some of my usual titles.
Actually that was about the only thing I did this weekend mainly because I just felt too tired to do much of anything else. Weather here on Saturday wasn't too nice anyway--windy & kind of cold. At least too cool for me, since I prefer the hot days of summer.
The rest of the weekend I sat here at the computer most of the time, browsing the web, reading some new blogs I haven't seen before, added a couple of items to this blog (check the right sidebar below the archive list), put those 2 banners on top (they're not paid ads, just a couple of things I found that I liked), and generally wasted away another couple days of my life.
The left banner above is from BlogMad--a blog traffic site that I signed up at. Why? I'm not sure-just thought it was kinda cool. The banner changes to display different blogs registered at BlogMad so it's different each time the page is viewed or reloaded.

Below are some comic book covers....the lower 2 are two of the free ones I picked up and the top one is the first issue of Action Comics from June 1938. If you'd like to read that first Superman story go here.

Click picture for original size
The FIRST appearance of Superman in a comic!


Future Shock :Previews of upcoming IMAGE Comics

BONGO Comics: Selections from BONGO's Simpsons Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment