Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Videos Of The Week

I'm not very passionate about many things; I just don't seem to get excited in general. To tell the truth, I sort of envy those people who can get really worked up over such things as a sporting event, a movie, or anything like that. Maybe I think too much or am too analytical--I don't know. Even as a kid, I wasn't one to get all excited and scream or laugh at things most kids will get excited about. But there is one area that I have always felt a passion for--outer space! As a child, I would look up into the night sky and feel a 'connection' or 'longing' to be up there, traveling amongst the stars & planets. It's almost as though I feel that my "real" home is somewhere else out there in the universe, that I am somehow an alien visiting this small planet and someday I will get to return home to where I belong.

I still wish sometimes that I could leave on a long voyage into the cosmos to explore all the wonders that I know are out there. Would I miss being here on Earth? Odd as it may sound--No, I doubt that I would.

The reality is, of course, that I'll never make it into space and get to travel out to the stars.


But I can still look up at the night sky and dream, can't I?

This video is a tribute to those that have been able to leave the Earth to venture into space, if even for just a short time.




The next video is titled "Cute Boys" and that pretty much says it all. It's a series of paintings by Steve Walker of, well, "cute boys"....

The reality is, of course, that I'll never have a cute boy fall in love with me.

But I can still look at them and dream, can't I?


No comments:

Post a Comment