Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Jungian Personality Test

Took this personality test earlier. And I think it proves what I already knew--I don't have much of a personality. Or at least one that's pretty deeply hidden.

Overall, this test seems accurate. In my case, anyway. The one item I would dispute is the line "would rather be friendless than jobless". I could always find a job, but it is much harder for me to find a friend, so I place a much higher value on friendship than on employment. Of course, I need a job to sustain my extravagant lifestyle (in other words, live indoors and eat occasionally), but a friend is like a 'special bonus' life sometimes sees fit to place in your path.
I have had few friends in my life and never had any that I really spent a lot of time with or ever discussed "my feelings" with (emotions...ewww) . To be honest, since writng this blog, I've revealed more about myself than I ever have to anyone in person. Don't you feel lucky (or just plain scared?) that you know me that well?!

Your type is: INTJ

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.
Free Jung Personality Test (similar to Myers-Briggs/MBTI)


Introverted (I) 88% Extroverted (E) 12%
Intuitive (N) 56.82% Sensing (S) 43.18%
Thinking (T) 76.67% Feeling (F) 23.33%
Judging (J) 57.58% Perceiving (P) 42.42%

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, not very altruistic, not very complimentary, would rather be friendless than jobless, observer, values solitude, perfectionist, detached, private, not much fun, hidden, skeptical, does not tend to like most people, socially uncomfortable, not physically affectionate, unhappy, does not talk about feelings, hard to impress, analytical, likes esoteric things, tends to be pessimistic, not spontaneous, prone to discontentment, guarded, does not think they are weird but others do, responsible, can be insensitive or ambivalent to the misfortunes of others, orderly, clean, organized, familiar with darkside, tends not to value organized religion, suspicious of others, can be lonely, rarely shows anger, punctual, finisher, prepared

favored careers:

scientist, dictator, forensic anthropologist, systems analyst, philosopher, nuclear engineer, political analyst, researcher, statistician, scholar, research scientist, computer scientist, software designer, curator, computer programmer, aerospace engineer, electrical engineer, paleontologist, english professor, philosophy professor, chemical engineer, epidemiologist, forensic scientist, museum curator, research assistant, mechanic, astronomer, figher pilot, librarian, systems administrator, neurosurgeon, book editor, biotechnology, archeologist, lab tech, bookstore owner

disfavored careers:

advertising executive, job in entertainment industry, performer, singer, art therapist, childcare worker, bartender, dj, event coordinator, hair dresser, wedding planner

~~~~~~~~~~~~
This test says I'm hidden and don't talk about feelings, and it's correct....but just to try to prove it wrong I'll reveal a:

***SECRET*** Ok, here's a secret I never talk about. When I was 17 years old, and after my Mom had died, I went to live with an Aunt & Uncle for about a year. I met a boy who lived a few houses up the street and I spent a lot of time with him, usually just hanging out at his house, watching TV. He's the only friend I ever really spent much time with, but after that year, I moved to the other side of town and was working to support myself. Didn't see him much then and the friendship slowly faded away. Probably more due to me not making enough of an effort to keep up the friendship, although there is more to the story (you'll just have to wait for the next chapter, if I choose to reveal it). I still think of him as a friend, even though I haven't seen him in over 20 years.

So what's the secret, you're probably thinking....well, alright, *cough cough*, a-hem....I suppose I have to admit it....I was in love with him. There, I said it! But being the the messed-up introvert that I am, and unsure of how he felt, and not knowing anything about sex, and still confused about the whole 'gay thing' and all that other crap, I never told him (or anyone else) -- until now.

Hmmm....favored career--dictator--that does sound promising. Should I start with a small country and work my way up or just go for it and take over the this country? It is the only remaining Superpower....I'll have to think on this some more......

No comments:

Post a Comment