Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Did You Remember?

To set your clocks ahead one hour? That's right--it's Daylight Saving Time!



Ignore this reminder if you live in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Arizona(except the Navajo Nation).

And if I don't go to bed soon, it will be daylight here. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway?

Spent the last few hours continuing to work on this blog and accomplished the following:
1~ Got my Haloscan comments back working properly.
2~ Added an photo image to my title banner (it's a pic of Albany's skyline). Those buildings
from the left of the pic to that egg-shaped one in the center are the Empire State Plaza--
a state government office complex. It's where I took the fireworks video I posted the other
day.
3~ Changed the colors of the blog title & link lists to make them easier to see.
4~ Managed to learn a little more HTML code while messing around with the blog template.

I want to thank Thur Broeders whose designed this template and many others and has posted them for others to use on his blog here. Also his instructions on creating a banner image helped me in making mine.
Another site that proved helpful is HTML Goodies where I found the color codes I needed to change my colors. This site has tons of useful infomation that can help you with your website/blog.

I think it's fabulous (that's right--I said fabulous--I'm gay, I'm allowed to use that word) that people would spend the time & effort to create something like the sites above & allow others to use it free of charge. Back when I was using my old Amiga 500 computer (in the 1990's) most of the software I had were "Public Domain" programs & games. That is, programs written by people who did it for their own use or just 'cause they enjoyed programming, then released it for free or very low-cost. I always thought that it was amazing....it can be a lot of work to write a good program and get it to run properly. I didn't have a lot of cash to spare so the public domain stuff was a great bargain, and the programs were as good or better than commercial ones available for sale at the local computer store.

Plan to add some more links in my blog list--there are so many cool blogs I've come across that I don't have time to read them all--even though reading is probably what I'm best at.
But that will have to wait until tomorrow....or later today, I should say. Gotta go get a few hours of sleep before I get back up to go to the laundromat (like to go there at 7 AM when it opens to avoid the crowds later in the day).

Speaking of reading, I remember when I was very young, not yet old enough even to go to school, how much I wanted to learn to read. When we were riding somewhere in my brother's car, I would constantly ask my mother "Ma, what's that sign say?" She'd tell me, and if I didn't understand what the word meant, I'd ask "what's that mean?" And she'd have to explain that as well....I must have drove her crazy, now that I think about it. Now if I could just get someone to pay me to read, I'd be all set!

It's almost daylight and I haven't saved any time, so I'll say "Goodnight", or "Good Morming" , whatever it is....


No comments:

Post a Comment