Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Cool Resources for Space Geeks,Like Me !

If you faked sick to stay home from school and watch an Apollo mission... this chock-full-of-goodness story is for you! From Cassini to the New Horizons Mission to Pluto, you've got to check this.

read more | digg story

I did that more than once when I was a kid--stay home from school to watch a space launch. One time a teacher, I think I was in 4th or 5th grade, was taking the day's roll call. When she got to my name, she said, " I might as well mark you absent for tomorrow, Martin, since there's a rocket launch I know you won't be in!" She was right....
I didn't have to fake being sick, though, since my Mom would let me stay home anyway because I normally always wanted to go to school.
I even had a space scrapbook with newspaper clippings and photos whenever there was a space launch, from the Mercury missions up to the Apollo moon landings. Don't know whatever happened to that scrapbook; I must have lost it somewhere when moving over the years.
But guess what--I STILL have 2 scrapbooks of pictures I drew or pictures we were given to color from back in Kindergarden ! That would waaay back in 1961....
I also have a special edition of Life magazine from 1969 titled "To The Moon And Back" covering the first moon landing--it cost me $1.50 at the time. Back then that was a pretty high price for a magazine, most cost only about 25 cents, maybe 50 cents at most. I had just a couple of dollars I had saved and debated whether to spend that much on a single magazine. It's still in pretty good shape with just the edges of the cover a bit frayed.

Sad to say, I'm still stuck here on Earth and haven't made it into space....yet.

If I had 'Bill Gate's-type money', I'd have a nuclear-powered spaceship built for myself and blast off into the deep reaches of outer space !!!

Anybody care to come along?

No comments:

Post a Comment