Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Quantum Entanglement

One more post for today... I just found this item at Digg.com, a technology news site and I'm linking to it simply because of the title of the article, which is the same as my blog title. If anyone is interested, it does a good job explaining "quantum entanglement" with pics & diagrams, but it is a little long. Below is a one-line quote that very briefly sums it up:

Whatever happened to one particle would thus immediately affect the other particle, wherever in the universe it may be. Einstein called this "Spooky action at a distance."

Ok, I think I must be getting too sleepy and dopey at this point to make much sense so that's all for today. So now you see how I spent this Friday night, sitting here at the computer...how exciting !

No comments:

Post a Comment