Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

5 Favorite Quotes

1. "What, Me Worry?" -- Alfred E. Neuman, Mad magazine

2. "Dave, my mind is going! I can feel it! I can feel it!" -- Hal 9000, 2001 A Space Odyssey

3. "I will not fear
Fear is the mindkiller,
Fear is the little death
That brings total Oblivion
I will permit my fear to pass

Over me and through me
And where it has gone

I will turn the inner eye
Nothing will be there
Only I will remain." --
Frank Herbert, Dune


4. "I didn't do it...nobody saw me do it...you can't prove anything !" -- Bart Simpson, The Simpsons ( I call this the 'Simpson Defense' because both Bart & O.J. used it)

5.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick." -- Teddy Roosevelt


I was tagged by Mike a week ago on this but just remembered to do it...sorry for the delay. And technically, I may not have followed the rules exactly since the quotes were to be from a film, book, or song. One of mine (# 1 ) is from a magazine, another (# 4) from a TV show, and the last (# 5 ) is from a speech made by Teddy Roosevelt. But like Bart Simpson, I'm a rebel and like to break the rules and, in keeping with that philosophy, I'm not going to tag anyone. Actually it's 'cause I really don't know who to tag. :) The real reason I picked these quotes is because I have said each of them myself at different times. I added links to related sites to make up for my lateness in posting it.


No comments:

Post a Comment