Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Slacker Like Me

I have become somewhat of a slacker lately when it comes to posting to this blog, having put up very little in recent weeks. Partly that's because I'm tired by the time I get home from work, and partly from just being lazy, I guess. Also there's the fact that I have an extremely dull life anyway which leads to not having much interesting to write about. Most days are the same--work, come home, read my favorite blogs, surf the 'net a bit, maybe watch some TV, then go to bed. I've got a wireless router and a wireless card I bought 2 weeks ago for another computer I've been going to set up, but I've been too lazy to even do that. It doesn't help, I suppose, that I stay up late doing nothing in particular, not getting enough sleep and also not really eating proper meals, leading to further lack of energy to do anything.

Sorry if I have overwhelmed anyone reading this with all of this EXCITING CONTENT !!. I'll try to tone things done a bit so no one becomes over-stimulated. He He He :)

I did manage to get out Saturday and see the movie Flight Plan starring Jodie Foster. It was pretty good, I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 4. Jodie Foster is a good actress, and put in a fine performance in this film, but there was just something about the movie that I found less than exciting. Maybe it was just my mood, or it could have been the fact that there were some annoying distractions in the theater. Like the guy in front of me with the baseball cap that had the brim sticking up in front of the screen and he'd remove the cap to scratch his head every now & again, or the whispering teenage girls behind me, or even the crying baby a few rows back.
The theater was crowded so I really couldn't change seats...the one drawback to going to the movies in the evenings. I used to only go during the days when there were less people , but recently decided it would be better to go in the evening rather than sitting bored at home.

Lately I've been in a strange, restless kind of mood anyway, and not sure exactly why but I have a few possible reasons. Next month I turn 50 years old ( scary, huh?) so maybe it's a mid-life crisis coming on...is 50 mid-life? I have been thinking a lot about how little I've done in my life so far and the thought has even occurred to me to just pack a backpack with whatever will fit in it and take off somewhere. Where I'd go or what I'd do is anyone's guess but I just have felt the urge to DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT than my usual boring existence up to now. Only problem with that is I have no car and no money so I'm not sure I'd get very far.

Well, once again, I have stayed up later than I should so I'll have to finish these rambling thoughts some other time. Starting to fall asleep at the computer......zzzzzzzzzz.....No, I'm awake......OK that's gonna have to be all for now.

At least I can travel in my dreams, although I usually end up in some weird place surrounded by strange people....or is that my real life?

---ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ---



No comments:

Post a Comment