Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

New Store In Town

Ok, so there's not really a store selling nukes in Albany; I just have a warped sense of humor.
I found this Photoshop image some time back but can't remember the site name right now; when I find it again I'll post a link. I use this as my wallpaper image sometimes.

Haven't posted much this past week because I recently upgraded to WindowsXP from Windows98 and had to re-install several programs to get them running right again. Still haven't gotten my bookmarks back into Firefox even though they're still on the computer...WindowsXP moved them to a new folder for some reason when it installed and I can't seem to get them back where they belong. Other than that XP seems much more stable than 98; system doesn't lock up or crash as it sometimes did in 98.

Only got a PC in December 2004 so I've been trying to upgrade as quick as I can. Usually I'm a bit ahead when it comes to technology and computers but this time I'm sort of playing "catch up". I had an Commodore VIC-20 computer way back in 1982, a Commodore 128 in 1985 and finally a Commodore Amiga 500 in 1990. Talk about brand loyalty! Commodore has been out of business for many years now. I still own the C-128 and Amiga 500. One day I'll post a piece on my old computers, giving the tech specs on them. For instance, the VIC-20 had a whopping 5K of RAM...not 5 GB or even 5 MB, just 5K! And a cassette tape drive to store your programs on..It only took about 20-30 minutes to load a program!

You might find it interesting to see how far the technology has come. Or maybe you couldn't care less! Maybe I'm the only computer geek on here...let me know if you'd like to know more.

One more week at my crappy job and I'm free for the summer...Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment