Are we all perhaps linked by invisible bonds? Do the actions of one affect others, even if those others are far away? Our lives and the universe itself may be all part of a single mechanism in which all creatures and events are 'entangled' with one another.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Departure Time

What time does the next flight off this planet leave? I'd like to book a reservation on it.
As someone who has lived much of his life in books and a fantasy world of my own creation, I've often dreamed of boarding a spacecraft and traveling to far reaches of the universe. Why this dream? I'm not sure..maybe to find a world where the inhabitants have advanced beyond the primitive animalistic state the Human race seems to remain stuck in. A world in which the people don't hate or judge each other because of such superficial traits as the color of their skin, their personal beliefs, or whom they chose to love.
I like to think myself an optimist, but this optimism, like an old stone wall lined with the cracks of age, suffered another such crack recently when I read of the senseless violence directed against an innocent and tender soul.
I speak of course of the attack on Ryan whom I have known but a very brief time and chatted with only twice. That brief contact, as I've mentioned before in this blog, is what inspired me to start this site. I've lived most of my life avoiding contact with others, not wanting to know them and not letting them get to know me, but this random internet encounter with Ryan opened a small crack in MY wall. He seems to be so open, caring and compassionate towards others, (in other words, the complete opposite of me), that I actually experienced an emotion or two, a rare event in "my world".
Why anyone would want to harm someone like this is something I can't begin to understand--the "creatures" responsible aren't worthy of the title "Human" because they have not yet evolved to that state.
Are these the random thoughts of a madman? Perhaps...the rules in "my world" may be different than the ones on this tiny speck of a planet called Earth.

Oh , excuse me, I think they just announced my flight number; I have to board my ship. Thanks for listening to my ramblings...Gotta run!

I hope you feel better soon, Ryan. Maybe we'll talk again when I return from "my world" off in the distant reaches of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment